Continuous focus tracking should be more reliable when filming with the GH5 and GH5s thanks to a new firmware now available. The Ver.2.4 for the GH5 also brings some bugfixes. With the GH5s, the manufacturer wants the Ver.1.2 to improve the stability of the HDMI signal when recording at variable frame rates as well as onofocus improvements. Also a bug in Creative Video M is said to have been fixed, see list below.
The Ver.1.2 is also available for the small G9 with the corresponding autofocus update.
GH5s Firmware Ver.1.2
Improvement of AF performance
- There were cases where focus point was shifted to the background while tracking the subject in AFC mode. The new firmware minimizes this problem.
- There were cases where focus point was shifted to the background while tracking the subject in video recording. The new firmware minimizes this problem.
Improvement of stability during HDMI output
- Operating stability during VFR(Variable Frame Rate) recording through HDMI output has been improved.
Improvement of video recording performance
-[One Push AE] failed to operate when[SS/Gain Operation] is set to[ANGLE/ISO] while shooting in Creative Video M mode. This bug has been fixed.
- The image quality when using[V-LogL] for VFR recording in Creative Video mode has been improved.
- The image quality when set to[i.Dynamic (Intelligent Dynamic Range Control)] has been improved.
Improvement of operation under specific lighting conditions (fluorescent lights, etc.)
- There were cases where the camera did not catch up to the brightness change smoothly under specfic lighting conditions such as fluorescent lights. The new firmware minimizes this problem.