[11:43 Tue,25.April 2023 by Rudi Schmidts]
The free and open source tool Cinecred (for Windows, macOS and Linux) was just officially launched earlier this year. It aims to make the usually rather tedious task of creating credits as much easier as possible for filmmakers. After all, the credits not only want to name all the contributors, but usually also carefully list filming locations or music tracks used and acknowledgements.
- There is now a comprehensive manual on the website that explains every aspect of Cinecred with pictures and animations.
- With the new layers drop shadows, contours and many other creative effects can be implemented.
- The "Wait after page" setting is allowed to be negative, which causes the next page to start while the previous one is still running. For example, you can fade in a panel while the credits are still running out of the frame.
- True interlaced output is now possible.
- Videos render faster - at least for fast codecs.
- When creating a new project, 4K can be selected directly, which doubles all pixel sizes in the template.
- If you don&t want to install Cinecred, you can now download ZIP or TAR.GZ archives for Windows and macOS under "All Downloads".
In addition, the following bugs have been fixed:
- The output now uses the Rec. 709 color space - and not sRGB as before.
Raster images are now scaled with Laczos, which looks much better with large scale factors.
- ProRes 4444 (XQ) with alpha is now read correctly by editing programs. However, PNG frame sequences remain recommended if you want output with alpha channel. These become smaller and are also still lossless.
- The new features have changed the format of the styling.toml file. However, Cinecred migrates old projects automatically. After that, everything should look the same as before.
Last but not least, the author mentions that there are still some suggestions in the pipeline for the next versions. Among others, the smooth slowing down of the credits.
We take our hats off to this meanwhile highly professional project!
more infos at bei cinecred.com
deutsche Version dieser Seite: Cinecred - Kostenloser Abspann-Generator für Film-Credits jetzt in Version 1.4.0