An official press release is still pending, but Michael Lehmann Horn, distributor for EDIUS and others, has already enumerated the new features of the upcoming version 9.40 in his NAB report. The version number already shows that this is a free update for all Version 9 customers.
The new functions in detail are:
- Apple ProRes Export and ProRes RAW(!!) Import.
- Extended Multicam function with new synchronization options (Timecode, Clip Marker, Rec-Time and in a version >9.40 soon also a sync by audio analysis of the Wav data).
- Optimized and easy to use HDR-SDR conversion with soft-clip function.
- Optimized Masks Motion Tracker for better tracking results.
- Import/Export of closed captioning subtitles incl. burning into video.
- New fast H.265 software decoder for improved performance when processing HEVC material.
- New format import support for Sony Venice Raw, Panasonic P2 8K and faster Canon Cinema Raw Light processing.
- New format export support for H.264/H.265 as MOV, optimized low bitrate H.264 encoding and for Workgroup: DNxHR support.
- AJA IO 4K Plus and Kona 5 preview support.
- More new features like HDR color bar, 0.1% steps for Gaussian blur, Voice Over Level labeling, Project Wizard with Overscan setting and more.
- Updated Mync version with support for all mentioned import formats.
The EDIUS version 9.40 will be released in May.