Panasonic has announced new firmware versions for its 4K cameras AG-CX350, AG-CX10 and AJ-CX4000GJ - these will be available for free at the end of May (or for the AG-CX10 at the end of June). At the same time, we will also release a new version of the CX ROP tablet/smartphone app for the AG-CX350 and AJ-CX4000GJ models.
Panasonic CX350, CX10 and CX4000GJ
First of all, it enables AVC proxy G6 recording with low bit rate P2HD format recording in FullHD resolution. In addition, the new connection to the IoT cloud platform provided by Panasonic allows near-live uploads and transfer of preview/camera settings/metadata from a remote location. Further, it brings support for 4K streaming and SRT protocols for higher quality live streaming, as well as face detection and tracking (AE & AF).
The new features for the Panasonic AG-CX350 and AJ-CX4000GJ.
- AVC proxy G6 low bit rate data and FHD resolution (sub) can be recorded with the main recording.
- Supports operation in conjunction with Panasonic&s IoT cloud platform. Remote control such as GPS (AJ-CX4000GJ only) and video preview, upload during and after recording, and camera setup is possible from a remote location via the cloud.
- Clips are tagged with metadata (camera person, location, date, time, text memory, etc.). In addition to the camera itself, data settings can be transferred from an SD card, the CX ROP app, or the cloud.
- A list of clip metadata can be displayed on the camcorder&s LCD monitor.
- Shot markers can be attached to clips, and only the marked clips can be displayed and uploaded.
- 4K streaming with RTMP/RTMPS/RTSP/SRT protocols is supported.
- H.264/H.265 codec and 8/12/25/50/75 Mbps bitrate can be selected. Also supports USB tethering with a 5G smartphone and automatic uploading to a specified server.
- SRT protocol enables high-quality streaming. Both client/listener mode and encryption are supported.
- Equipped with face detection AE & AF. Automatic tracking AE & AF of the subject touched on the LCD is possible (AG-CX350 only).
The new features for AG-CX10.
- AVC proxy G6 (sub) low bit rate data with FHD resolution can be recorded simultaneously with main recording.
New features in the CX ROP tablet/smartphone app.
- Clip metadata is supported. Metadata can be sent from CX ROP to a camcorder and recorded in a recording clip.
- Supports connection port number setting. Prevents problems caused by duplication with other apps.
- Automatic camera search function supports multi-camera mode (up to eight cameras). A list of cameras on the network (IP address) can be displayed, selected and set.