Actually Panasonic and Atomos had announced for tomorrow the final release for "ProRes RAW with S1H". But now the rip cord was pulled on the home stretch.
According to Panasonic, the release of RAW recording with the upcoming firmware was stopped at short notice due to "technical problems still to be solved", which were discovered during the beta tests. A new release date has not been announced and the rest of the announced firmware features are still scheduled to be released as version 2.0 tomorrow:
1st advanced video features / improved performance
- Down-converted output via HDMI during[6K]/[5.9K]/[5.4K] video recording is available.
- In Creative Video mode, it is possible to disable starting and stopping video recording by pressing the shutter button.
- In Creative Video mode, it is possible to set[Capture Quality (My List)] from the control panel.
- The value of noise reduction in[V-Log] in Photo Style has been expanded to[-1]. It suppresses afterimages that previously occurred in some situations.
- It is possible to prevent the enlarged viewport of MF Assist (Focus Magnifier) from being output via HDMI.
- There have been cases where color tape appeared in some situations when recording 4:2:0/10-bit video. This effect has been minimized.
- There were cases where the REC RUN time code did not count up when the video was recorded on an external device via HDMI instead of an SD Memory Card. This error has been fixed.
2. Other added features / improvements
- It is possible to set[AF+MF] in AFC mode.
- It is possible to assign functions to the Fn buttons on the lens when using the Panasonic LUMIX S PRO 70-200mm F2.8 O.I.S. (S-E70200).
- It is possible to assign functions to the Fn buttons on the Sigma L-Mount interchangeable lenses.
- When attaching a lens with the Sigma MC-21 mount converter and[Image Stabilizer] >[Lens] set to ON, the housing stabilizer suppresses rolling motion.
- Backlight Duration] has been added to the Status LCD menu. ON1] prevents the LCD backlight from turning off.
- It is possible to select the card slot to store JPEG images created by the camera&s RAW processing.
- 0.5 SEC] has been added as an option from[Duration (Photo)] in[AutoPlay].
- OFF (disables "Press and Hold")] can be assigned to the Fn button. The function disables DeepL access to Fn settings when the button is pressed and held.
- The Fn button can be used to check the aperture effect when the button is pressed.
- To prevent improper operation, touch control is disabled for[Delete All] operation in playback mode. Only the cursor buttons can be used for the[Clear All] function.
- There have been cases where read/write errors of the video file occurred during "Segmented File Recording" or 400 Mbps recording under certain conditions, including the type of SD card used. This issue has been improved.
- Aperture and shutter speed can be controlled with the front/rear control dials when the rear monitor is set to OFF.
- There were cases where F value control failed depending on the maximum F value when a non-Panasonic L-mount lens was mounted. This error has been fixed.
The RAW functionality in promised for the next version of the firmware update. The release date of the firmware update with RAW output function is expected to be announced soon.