Pre7 - Elements 7 - H.264 (; BluRay) Project with hurdles
Frage von Videoty: August 2009
read for years in this forum and have learned a lot. Synonymous times now wanted to tell my experiences.
Have a 2 hr 33 min Project created and have to take all sorts of obstacles (to a finished DVD and BluRay disc; s) emerged. The project had a good mix of: . M2T (; HDV) - Canon HV20 - capture with HDV Split . (MTS; AVCHD) - Canon HG10 - via USB to the Calculator . AVI (; DV) - SonyHi8 . MOV - Recording with a digicam Panasonic DMC-TZ5 . VOB - DVD files . JPEG - Photos . BMP - Pictures . PSD - Pictures . WAV - Music & Sounds . MP3 - Music & Sounds And yet some effect animations and transitions of up to 4 video - and audio tracks. Without prior demuxing.
My tips: 1. Keep calm, be patient and tell himself again and again: "The program is OK - you made a mistake"
2. When to insert photos and images, makes sure that they are not too large. I had problems with Pictures is 4200x2800 pixels (; termination when transcoding) - IrfanView but if they are easy to convert into a smaller, more usable size (; eg 1920x1080)
3. A longer one. M2T clip (; approx. 30min.) I had to convert to an AVI pre7 because the soundtrack has not recognized (; In the Clip Organizer has been recognized as a movie) rather than video. The reason I have not found.
4. Project Settings 4.1 Playback Settings 4.1.1 Aspect Ratio Conversion: Hardware 4.1.2 Desktop display mode: Accelerated GPU Effects 4.2 Video Rendering 4.2.1 Maximum Bit Depth: disabled (; Resource eaters with no visible effect) 4.2.2 Optimize stills: disabled (; causes problems when transcoding)
5. Preferences - Work Drives (; 4 physical HDDs available) - Media Cache disc encoding and not on the same plate
6. (The remaining 800MB RAM of 4GB RAM, WinXP 32bit only recognizes 3.2 GB), I have transformed into a RAM drive ((;-gavotte ramdisk) for additional, fast virtual memory; have to) pagefile. Overall, I have 24GB swap file.
7. Use the online help and forums (; search with Google) and is not advice and Lernresistent
8. If you do not want to sacrifice or BluRay burner does not necessarily a blank Phantom Drive of H + H Software is the right thing. It Simulates a BluRay / HD-DVD Burner. Can be addressed directly from pre7 and "burn" the ISO files with Nero can be burned to correct blanks.
9. Save the Project regularly! Regularly Saves the project file (;. Prel)!
10. The export to H.264 1920x1080, PAL has 15 1 / 2 hours and pre7 lasted only 2 of my 4 CPU cores (;) ie 50%) capacity (; export to DVD = 4 cores 100% utilization.
What experience have you with the CPU utilization when transcoding in BluRay pre7?
My Hardware CPU: Q9550 @ 3,4 GHz RAM: 4 GB DDR2 800MHz GPU: ATI 4850 HDD: 4x 640GB AAKS (; Two as RAID1, 1x Programs and 1xVideodateien)
Antwort von RickyMartini:
Pre7 therefore has a limit of two CPU cores in the H.264 export. With PPro CS4 to be (in my quad, addressed Q9550 @ 3.6 GHz) all the cores. Thus, the exports needed to H.264 Blu-ray (; Source: HD-MPEG2, 35Mbps, cbr) is, on the system during a 70min clip about 3:20