Logo Logo
/// 
Verkauf von Filmschnippsel an NDR

Sales of Filmschnippsel s.NDR



Frage von SCHWARZSEHER:
Januar 2009

Hello,

short demand had not yet s.das television sold yesterday was now "my first times."

In a news item of the NDR was approximately 12-sec. Cut of a movie shown me. The editor himself knew not how much you get for so little - and I fish in the murky as synonymous.

I will now be the NDR write a bill - he told me, EUR 160 would be good, my DVD-copying synonymous and the rendering (of Full HD in a suitable format for the NDR) but I would suggest (what I sometimes do not like because it was working).

Someone have a hint? Would be very grateful for it. Broadcast yesterday was already signed, I have nothing.



Antwort von Pianist:

Can you still write a bit more precise on how the broadcast came about and to what type of material and what it was broadcast?

Matthias



Antwort von SCHWARZSEHER:

- The show is called "Lower Saxony 18:00 clock", it was a short ijn contribution (about 3 minutes) reports on yesterday's opening ceremony of the City of Science 2009

- My materials are in full HD-shot spots that I on behalf of the city of Oldenburg for the opening ceremony as a city of science 2009 have rotated. No classical Imagefilm but trailer with actors.

I was editor of the material requested, had stated in his order ( "they write calmly about an invoice") and matching file rendered a DVD created. The material was broadcast, as mentioned yesterday.





Antwort von Christian Schmitt:

So you have commercials for the city of Oldenburg rotated?
Then, the rights therein is synonymous ...
For the broadcasting of advertisements to get actually also no money, but you will pay what.
Contrary to what the editor said, you can do in my opinion, just the bill of what a special effort on your part required - namely, the rendering, Auspielen and available positions of the material in PAL standard.
How much you have to estimate, however, is your thing ...



Antwort von SCHWARZSEHER:

- The city has only the rights to use the Internet un opening ceremony

- That was not advertising, but also served as editor of the visual material to the opening event to illustrate



Antwort von Pianist:

Then as it is often with me: I produce an information film for a company or authority. If a broadcaster EWAS of them in a recent contribution would like to install, then get the publicity in the context of the respective company or of the Authority free of me made available.

Any costs incurred as technical do I then my client, but not the broadcaster.

I asked because it would have been something else if you use blue night had rotated. But of course you would get a fee.

Matthias



Antwort von ruessel:

Quote:
I produce an information film for a company or authority. If a broadcaster EWAS of them in a recent contribution would like to install, then get the publicity in the context of the respective company or of the Authority free of me made available.

Any costs incurred as technical do I then my client, but not the broadcaster.


Thanks for the info. I thought I would be too generous, because just as I calculate the synonymous. Unfortunately, the company has been generous to the image material and released a foreign production company has only two interviews and a few scenes himself and rotated it to an entirely new movie ..... I then found something link ....



Antwort von newsart:

So ... if I am in the supermarket to buy a liter of milk, I clarify synonymous but not until after the drink up what the most cost ...

Sorry, but rights and fees until after broadcasting to clarify is not only highly unprofessional, but must inevitably lead to dissatisfaction on one or other of the Parties.

However, for guidance: Incomplete minutes sent regionally, with a unique aura of recurrence within 48 hrs. With supply of raw material = ¬ 680, - net. Full rights to the course providers are required. These are but techn. Costs included exclusive disc / tape and shipping / courier costs. That is our individual course.

Regards



Antwort von Pianist:

"trunk" wrote:
Unfortunately, the company has been generous to the image material and released a foreign production company has only two interviews and a few scenes himself and rotated it to an entirely new movie ..... I then found something link ....

Since then, however I would ever look closely at whether this was in order. I tell my clients is always: If the publication of the material in your interest, because it is a positive report, then it is okay. But if someone asks, the material used in a context where my client has absolutely nothing of, then I would favor the users very happy to write an invoice. For my Client I think then at the earliest opportunity a little extra performance from free, as a token of appreciation for the mediation.

Matthias



Antwort von Pianist:

"newsart" wrote:
Sorry, but rights and fees until after broadcasting to clarify is not only highly unprofessional, but must inevitably lead to dissatisfaction on one or other of the Parties.

Have you never been one of those funny letters of ARD get prison, where, mutatis mutandis drinsteht: "We heard yesterday and that this material of use to you, please write to us at times but after that we were free to do" ... :-)

Matthias



Antwort von ruessel:

Quote:
Since then, however I would ever look closely at whether this was in order. I tell my clients is always: If the publication of the material in your interest, because it is a positive report, then it is okay.


The solution: There are now only selected and released material (16 minutes) on an extra PresseDVD made, the more of the company paid. This can then both sides live.



Antwort von newsart:

"Pianist" wrote:
Have you never been one of those funny letters of ARD get prison, where, mutatis mutandis drinsteht: "We heard yesterday and that this material of use to you, please write to us at times but after that we were free to do" ... :-) Matthias


But, but I have never been accepted. Also standard exploitation contracts or the Channel country radio stations are only of me signed, if you by email with the documented production of an editorial agreement and should be amended accordingly. So far, the synonymous of Page transmitter is implemented smoothly. It runs as often after the motto: "We can try it so ..."



Antwort von frm:

The Bayerischer Rundfunk has apologized to me because I reported an opera recording for a theater and created the television station had Comparison of other material such as a television, etc. Nuremberg. You have one minute for the Report is required and have me 300 EUR net is proposed. I was so happy because I had no work order except DVD and burn away. My name was synonymous to see. However I think the television thereby save much money so that they have no local team but we need cheap labor for an apple and an egg material abluchsen. I think the pay as if synonymous Sies really need more.

The theory of 680 EUR / min to me because not too expensive before but rather realistic.



Antwort von newsart:

Whether 300, - or 680 - there is certainly no uniform definition or the market price is of course synonymous individual pricing of each vendor. Only remains note: A really promising negotiating position, there is just against the use of the material. Because afterwards, you can hardly say as a vendor: "300 is too little, but you get the material is not." Actually no secret ...



Antwort von Ficeduld:

Why not? The logic closes to me. The broadcaster is indeed in the examples behind. It's like: You take a Mercedes car rental without asking for one day and say afterwards: I paid 10 euros for this, okay?



Antwort von Johannes:

Time a question s.Rande. Your writing here because I was the television xy addressed whether the use of my material ... .
Since then their city's or Viji ITS offers the transmitter is at?
I mean, I film at many large events where no other broadcaster is jediglich the newspaper is there, but I have never called someone if they could have the material, of so I am somewhat confused. Or is the s.RBB of course here in my area of jurisdiction?



Antwort von Pianist:

"John" wrote:
Or is the s.RBB of course here in my area of jurisdiction?

That explains everything ... :-)

But times seriously: What will probably run something? The reporter turns with his team at an event there and sees the film. Then he asks the competent spokesman, who has made the film. And the contact is made.

Or even in the press release mentions that TV footage is available upon request.

Matthias



Antwort von Pianist:

"newsart" wrote:
A truly promising negotiating position, there is just against the use of the material. Because afterwards, you can hardly say as a vendor: "300 is too little, but you get the material is not." Actually no secret ...

Well - since I have a little to intervene. Here it is often asked how to proceed if you do want to use foreign material. And as we say but the people always ask beforehand Dear, are you behind in the inferior position and must accept the terms of the rights holder is.

And in this case, it is now just the other times: The transmitter sends without agreement, the consequence would be here in the Ursprungsfrager better position. But now comes the usual problem: The station is large and has a Legal Department, you would like verscherzen is synonymous with anybody, so you ahnst like the thing out ...

Matthias



Antwort von Johannes:

"Pianist" wrote:
"John" wrote:
Or is the s.RBB of course here in my area of jurisdiction?

That explains everything ... :-)

But times seriously: What will probably run something? The reporter turns with his team at an event there and sees the film. Then he asks the competent spokesman, who has made the film. And the contact is made.

Or even in the press release mentions that TV footage is available upon request.

Matthias


Achso that was an error of me. I thought her there on the spot makes a report. But if there was only TV footage then this is something different.




Antworten zu ähnlichen Fragen:
Unsere Doku im NDR

















weitere Themen:
Spezialthemen


16:9
ARD
AVCHD
AVI
Adobe After Effects
Adobe Premiere Pro
After effects
Apple Final Cut Pro
Audio
Avid
Cam
Camcorder
Camera
Canon
Capture
Capturing
Clip
EOS
Editing
Effect
Error
Export
File
Files
Film
Final Cut
Format
Formate
HDR
Import
JVC
Layer
Light
MAGIX video deLuxe
Magix
Microphone
Monitor
Movie
PC
Panasonic
Pinnacle
Pinnacle Studio
Player
Premiere
RAM
RED
Recording
Red
Software
Sony
Sound
Studio
TV
Tape
Video
Videos