AJA has released firmware update 2.0 for its multi-channel H.264 USB recorder/player Ki Pro GO, which brings many new features, including improved H.264 recording quality and reliability as well as new advanced timecode functions, improved super-out and front panel audio monitoring, in-system formatting and network file downloading. Ki Pro GO v2.0 increases the maximum bit rate to 25 Mbps, adds 10-bit and 4:2:2 colour space options, and extends timecode capabilities with a new LTC available on one of the analogue audio inputs.
AJA Ki Pro GO
Here are the new functions in detail:
- Increased recording data rates of up to 25 Mbps.
- Extended selection of recording quality to 5 options
- Selection of the bit depth per channel for 8-bit and 10-bit.
- Selection of sampling per channel for 4:2:0 and 4:2:2.
- Added support for LTC on analog audio in.
- The files can now be downloaded via the WebUI.
- Added support for USB media formatting within the system.
- Supports gait recordings with other members of the Ki Pro product line.
- Added advanced super-out functionality for SDI and HDMI monitor outputs
The AJA Ki Pro GO allows parallel recording with various recording parameters (up to max 10 bit 4:2:2) of FullHD H.264 video on up to 5 USB sticks from input via up to four HDMI or SDI sources. The audio input is via SDI/HDMI/XLR including +48V phantom power. It can be controlled remotely via Ethernet using the built-in web server.