AJA gives its UltraHD/multi-channel HD encoding, transcoding, decoding and contribution solution Bridge Live new features via Software Update 1.12, including bi-directional NDI (Network Device Interface) input, output and transcoding, HLS output, video preview and an updated user interface for more intuitive configuration.
AJA BRIDGE LIVE
What is AJA Bridge LIVE?
AJA Bridge LIVE is a plug-and-play 1RU streaming gateway solution that enables uncompressed UltraHD or multichannel HD baseband SDI video to/from a wide range of streaming and contribution codecs (H.265, H.264, MPEG-2, and optionally JPEG 2000), including transmission with SRT over the Internet.
Bridge LIVEcombines AJA&s I/O hardware with Comprimato&s encoding/decoding/transcoding software to provide video processing with SDI encoding or decoding for one channel UltraHD up to 60p or up to four channels 1080 60p HD simultaneously over four 12G SDI links that are also backward compatible with 6G, 3G and 1.5G SDI.
AJA BRIDGE Live
Main features of BRIDGE LIVE v1.12.
- Bi-directional NDI-SDI conversion:
-- Receiving NDI and decoding to SDI.
-- Input and encoding from SDI to NDI
- Bi-directional NDI-IP video stream conversion:
-- Receiving NDI and transcoding to IP video streams (e.g., H.265, H.264)
-- Receive IP video streams (e.g. H.265, H.264) and transcode to NDI
-- Integration of remote NDI and non-NDI devices/devices via RTP/UDP/SRT
-- Directly tap into the NDI network and provide a channel for CDNs or other delivery mechanisms
- HLS output (HD) -- Input SDI sources and IP video streams into BRIDGE LIVE and encode them for distribution to widely used devices and software, or via remote screening to iOS and iPadOS devices via HLS
- Video Preview: With video preview support now available in the BRIDGE LIVE GUI for SDI inputs, get visual confirmation of correct SDI input/content encoding even if you are unable to "go live" to check content for security
- UX improvements: More intuitive pipeline configuration and options, such as Start Input Detection and Set as Input buttons, and improved responsiveness
- A new factory reset method: An alternative and quick method to access factory settings directly from the boot menu
Pricing and Availability
BRIDGE LIVE v1.12 is available for download now from AJA&s website. The latest update comes standard with all newly purchased BRIDGE LIVE devices and is also available to existing users with an active maintenance contract. Customers without a maintenance contract can access bug fixes in v1.12, but will not gain access to new features.