A few days ago Adobe released the update 14.8 for Premiere Pro, which brings two minor new features and several bug fixes. The new features are once support for viewing and working with non-standard timecodes such as 120fps, 240fps or VFR clips.
New timecode support
The second new feature is a change in the default settings for the default working color space and gamma curve for all RED files - instead of Rec709, the RedWideGamutRGB color space will now be used when working with RED and Komodo video material, as well as (instead of BT.1886) the Log3G10 gamma curve. In addition, performance has been improved when compressing H.264/HEVC using the new Intel TigerLake processors.
New color space and gamma curve default settings for RED.
Fixed following issues:
- Startup screens are not resized correctly on high-resolution displays.
- Improved stability when exiting immediately from the splash screen.
- Marquee object selection cannot select the video track.
- Images are squeezed horizontally when scaled in a sequence with a non-square pixel aspect ratio below 50%.
- Media browser icons are displayed incorrectly on macOS Big Sur.
- Block noise when importing some Canon MP4 files.
- Application may hang when changing playback setting to software only with PreRes RAW on macOS.
- DVCPro HD file cannot be imported.