[13:07 Wed,22.June 2022 by Thomas Richter]
After the focus of the last Premiere Pro update in May (to version 22.4) was still on the acceleration of the 4:2:0-HEVC export, the latest update (to version 22.5) is primarily dedicated to improvements in the workflow and operation. For example, the two new workspaces "Basics" and "Vertical Video" offer a simplified layout especially for working on laptops or with vertical video.
New Basics workspace
Improvements have also been made to the proxy workflow to help users better distinguish between proxies and source media, and the ability to apply gradients to outlines and shadows of titles and graphics has been added. In addition, support is now added for RED&s V-RAPTOR 8K full-frame cameras, improved H264/HEVC encoding on Apple M1 systems, and more effects hardware acceleration via GPU.
Adobe Premiere Pro Update 22.5 - What&s new in detail.
- New Basics Workspace: The new workspace features a special simple layout and presents panels in a logical workflow from left to right, with a large crop window at the bottom of the screen. All of Premiere Pro&s core features are easily accessible here and optimized for using Premiere Pro on a laptop or a single screen.
- New Vertical Video workspace: This new workspace offers a layout optimized for working with vertical content. For example, the Program Monitor on the right side of this workspace is set up to display a vertical 9:16 video.
- Proxy workflow enhancements: New proxy icons in the Project panel and Timeline make it easy to distinguish between proxy and source media during editing - proxy watermarks can also be burned in. In addition, proxy files are now compressed in ProRes format by default.
New proxy features
- Improved H264/HEVC encoding on Apple M1 systems: The quality of H264/HEVC encoding on Apple M1 systems has been improved by increasing the bit rate to match that of Mac Intel systems.
- Premiere Pro now includes support for the RED V-RAPTOR 8K full-frame camera.
- Gradients for outlines and shadows: Figures and graphics can now have gradients applied to their outlines and shadows to give them visual accents. These gradients can be linear or radial, based on opacity, color, or a combination of color and opacity. Users updating titles from previous versions in Premiere Pro are offered additional related parameters in the new version.
Gradients for outlines and shadows.
- More GPU-accelerated effects: More effects (Zoom, Repeat, Warp, and Complex Waves) now benefit from hardware acceleration via graphics card resulting in smoother playback during editing and faster rendering and exporting.
- Premiere Pro now includes an integrated AAF ARM SDK.
more infos at bei helpx.adobe.com
deutsche Version dieser Seite: Adobe Premiere Pro Juni 2022 Update bringt neue Arbeitsbereiche und Proxy-Funktionalität