Avid has released update v2022.7 for its professional video editing program Media Composer, which brings some new features. Among other things, Avid offers keyboard mapping options from other video editing programs for the first time, namely from Adobe Premiere Pro and DaVinci Resolve. This means that users of these programs can also use their familiar keyboard shortcuts in Media Composer without having to get used to them. Users of multi-monitor setups benefit from another new feature, the user-definable workspaces. That is, Media Composer can now create and save different workspaces for different multi-monitor display configurations, remembering the position of windows and tools for the next session depending on the number of connected monitors.
Avid Media Composer
New features in Media Composer v2022.7.
- New match frame results for group and multigroup subclips.
- Custom workspaces for multi-monitor configurations
- New keyboard mapping options for Adobe Premiere Pro and DaVinci Resolve
- Text alignment relative to anchor point in Titler+
- Selecting fillers with segment tools in Timeline menu
- Clip notes display in Timeline for nested clips
- New enablers with improved design
Here is a detailed overview of the new features. There are also numerous bug improvements,