Blackmagic has released the new Camera Update 8.0, which, in addition to support for the two new
Cameras Studio Cameras 4K Pro G2 and 6K Pro, it also brings some new features to the Blackmagic Studio Camera 4K Pro and 4K Plus. In addition to the updated user interface, these are the ability to save still images even while recording (and also in BRAW) and to embed motion sensor data (gyro data) in Blackmagic RAW recordings as well. Using this data, video recordings can be stabilized afterwards. In addition, thanks to this update, camera presets and LUTs will not be deleted in future updates and lens as well as autofocus performance will also be improved.
Blackmagic Studio Camera 6K Pro
What&s new with Blackmagic Camera Update 8.0.
- Added support for the new Blackmagic Studio Camera 6K Pro.
- Support for the new Blackmagic Studio Camera 4K Pro G2.
In addition, Blackmagic Studio Camera 4K Pro and Blackmagic Studio Camera 4K Plus models get the following new features:
- Updated user interface.
- Support for Ukrainian and Polish languages.
- Addition of Blackmagic RAW still image capture.
- Addition of a feature to capture still images during recording.
- Support for writing motion sensor data to Blackmagic RAW recordings.
- Support for preset and LUT retention for future updates.
- Ability to map the L-Fn button on MFT lenses.
Samsung T7 Shield Portable SSD
Which USB-C SSDs for Blackmagic RAW?
Blackmagic has also released two new lists of external USB-C SSDs recommended by Blackmagic for shooting Blackmagic RAW, one for the new Blackmagic Studio Camera 6K Pro and for the Blackmagic Studio Camera 4K Plus, 4K Pro and 4K Pro G2 cameras. Included are models with 512 GB up to 4TB storage, such as the Angelbird SSD2GO PKT (MK2), Samsung T7 Shield Portable SSD, SanDisk Extreme (Pro) Portable SSD V2 and the SanDisk Professional PRO-BLADE SSD Mag.