Blackmagic's latest Blackmagic Camera 7.2 update for its URSA Mini Pro 12K camera brings some new features and improvements especially for the URSA Mini Pro 12K camera, but also for the Blackmagic URSA Mini Recorder and the URSA (Studio) Viewfinder.
For example, the update now allows recording of footage to fast NVMe and SATA SSDs using the Blackmagic URSA Mini Recorder together with the URSA Mini Pro 12K and improves color processing via Color Science Generation 5 when working in "Video" or "Extended Video" mode.
Blackmagic URSA Mini Pro 12K
In addition, the update brings improvements for constant quality recording as well as in 4K at a constant bit rate. Also, for finer details, demosaicing has been optimized, as well as focus assist readout, support for CN-E and convertible lenses, and overall performance. The update also improves support for images from the URSA Mini Pro 12K on Blackmagic URSA and URSA Studio viewfinders. The update is recommended for all Blackmagic URSA Mini Pro 12K cameras.
Blackmagic Camera Setup 7.2: New features and improvements for URSA Mini Pro 12K.
- Added support for URSA Mini Recorder.
- Improved Gen 5 video and extended video.
- Improves constant quality quantization.
- Improves 4K formats with constant bitrate.
- Improves demosaicing for fine details.
- Improves autofocus for EF lenses.
- Improves anamorphic support.
- Improves focus support readout.
- Improves support for CN-E lenses.
- Improves support for convertible lenses.
- Improves battery level indication.
- Improves USB-C and UHS-ii SD recording.
- Fixes the bug with CN-E primes recording.
- Fixes the bug with 100% zebras.
- General performance improvements.
Blackmagic URSA Mini SSD Recorder on URSA 12K.
New features for Blackmagic URSA Mini Recorder.
As a reminder, the Blackmagic URSA Mini Recorder offers an alternative to recording directly to SSDs using the built-in USB-C port. It records Blackmagic 12-bit RAW files to 2.5-inch SSDs as well as fast U.2 NVMe Enterprise SSDs at up to 900 MB/s.
The 7.2 update now brings support for recording using U.2 NVMe 7mm as well as 9.5mm SSDs.
New features for Blackmagic URSA (Studio) Viewfinder.
The update provides Blackmagic URSA (Studio) Viewfinder with improved support for fifth-generation Color Science.
Blackmagic RAW 2.0 Beta 4 Update.
This new version of the Developer SDK brings with Blackmagic RAW 2.0 Beta 4 an improvement in gamma in Blackmagic's "Video" and "Extended Video" modes as well as general performance and stability.