Blackmagic has released the Camera 7.3 update, which gives the Pocket Cinema Camera 4K, 6K and 6K Pro some interesting new features, such as built-in LCD calibration, an upgraded RGB histogram, clipping indicators for color channels and a false color indicator.
The update also enables timecode via the XLR microphone jacks and improves auto-focus and iris control for electronic lenses. The Blackmagic Pocket Cinema Camera 4K and 6K also get Generation 5 Color Science, the ability to dim the LCD, and Blackmagic RAW Q1 and Q3 Constant Quality recording. In addition, the Blackmagic Pocket Cinema Camera 6K now gets 4K DCI recording in Blackmagic RAW.
Pocket Cinema Camera 6K Pro
Also included in the camera update is the new version 2.0 of Blackmagic RAW with some new features such as support for Blackmagic URSA Mini Pro 12K BRAW files as well as DaVinci Wide Gamut, DaVinci Intermediate Gamma and Generation 5 Color Science.
What&s New in Blackmagic Camera Setup 7.3.
Pocket Cinema Camera 4K, 6K and 6K Pro:
- Updates the luminance histogram to an RGB histogram.
- Adds color channel clipping indicators.
- Adds false color guide display.
- Adds LCD screen calibration settings.
- Improves autofocus and active lens control.
- Improves visibility of focus peaking.
- Fixes an issue with importing LUTs and presets.
Pocket Cinema Camera 4K and 6K:
- Added support for Generation 5 color science.
- Added support for dimming the LCD screen to save power.
- Added Q1 and Q3 Blackmagic RAW capture options.
URSA Studio Viewfinder:
- Fixes a bug that can cause incorrect image alignment.
What&s new in Blackmagic RAW 2.0?
- Added support for Blackmagic URSA Mini Pro 12K.
- Support for dual card capture.
- Blackmagic Generation 5 color science updates.
- Support for DaVinci Wide Gamut and DaVinci Intermediate Gamma.
- Support for Nikon Z 6II and Z 7II Blackmagic RAW clips captured with Blackmagic Video Assist.
- General performance and stability improvements.
ThePocket Cinema Camera 4K, 6K and 6K Pro in slashCAM review.
Here are our corresponding tests of the three cameras: Blackmagic Pocket Cinema Camera 4K in practice: skin tones, Focal Reducer, comparison to GH5S and more, Blackmagic Pocket Cinema Camera 6K Pro in practice - worthwhile update? and Blackmagic Pocket Cinema Camera 4K in practice: skin tones, Focal Reducer, comparison to GH5S and more.