[13:16 Tue,18.April 2023 by Thomas Richter]
Blackmagic Design has released the free Camera 8.1 update, which gives support for vertical format videos for all Blackmagic Pocket Cinema Camera models (i.e. the Pocket Cinema Camera 4K, 6K, 6K G2 and the 6K Pro). The new feature makes it easier for users to produce vertical videos especially for mobile platforms like TikTok, YouTube Shorts or Instagram by automatically detecting when filming vertically.
Then, the Pocket Cinema Cameras& display is now automatically rotated to correctly display the camera&s live image as well as important info such as frame rates, shutter angles and frame border markers for the user. The latter can be activated to keep important details in the image in the respective vertical aspect ratios such as 9:16 and 4:5.
In addition, vertically filmed video is automatically supplemented with metadata indicating that it was filmed on edge. This allows when importing videos into DaVinci Resolve, they are displayed the right way up in the timeline.
The Blackmagic Camera 8.1 update is now available for free at here and brings besides the support for vertical filming also some minor improvements and changes - for example still images are now captured in Blackmagic RAW instead of CinemaDNG. These stills via Blackmagic RAW can now be saved during both capture and playback.
What&s new in the Blackmagic Camera 8.1 update.
- Support for the new Blackmagic URSA Mini Pro 12K OLPF model has been added.
The following models have new features:
Blackmagic URSA Mini Pro 12K
- Improved compatibility with Zeiss Milvus & Otus EF lenses.
Pocket Cinema Camera 6K Pro
Pocket Cinema Camera 4K, 6K, 6K G2 and 6K Pro
- Added support for auto-rotating the user interface when shooting vertical video.
- Added ability to remap the L-Fn button on MFT lenses.
- Added software update progress indicator when new camera software is installed.
- Added new preset for 9x16 images.
- Changed still image capture format from CinemaDNG to Blackmagic RAW.
- Added ability to capture Blackmagic RAW reference stills during capture.
- Added ability to capture Blackmagic RAW reference stills during playback.
- Improved lens and autofocus performance.
- Fixed bug with output of incorrect HDMI VIC codes for some formats.
Pocket Cinema Camera 6K, 6K G2 and 6K Pro.
- Added support for zoom servo control when using the Canon EF-S 18-135mm lens.
- Canon CN-E zoom lens shortcut keys can now be remapped.
- Added smoother automatic aperture change for supported EF lenses.
- Horizontal resolution of 2.8K 17:9 format has been increased from 2868 to 2880.
Updated Blackmagic RAW 3.0
- Added support for Blackmagic URSA Mini Pro 12K OLPF.
- Added support for automatic rotation of vertical video clips.
more infos at bei www.blackmagicdesign.com
deutsche Version dieser Seite: Blackmagic Camera 8.1 Update bringt Unterstützung für Hochkant-Videos