The latest update of Blackmagic&s grading, editing, compositing and (audio) mastering program DaVinci Resolve from just released version 17 actually only brings a lot of bugfixes from the last beta release. Among other things, the 17.1 Beta2 installation using network drives on Windows systems is more reliable; gradings that previously appeared black on systems that do not use an English environment are now loaded better and the behavior of the Color Picker during color warping is more accurate.
DaVinci Resolve Studio 17
For Fusion, there are also enhancements for optical flow tracking, dual screen mode node insertion, corner pinning, shape rendering, and temporal noise reduction. DaVinci Resolve Studio 17.0 Public Beta 2 also brings over 50 general performance and stability enhancements. The new version is available for free download for Windows, Linux and macOS - the latter, however, only as a Universal App for the www.slashcam.de/news/single/Neue-Apple-Hardware-mit-eigenem-M1-Chip---MacBook--16176.html (new MacBooks (and Mac mini) based on the M1 RISC chip) under Big Sur.
The improvements in DaVinci Resolve 17.0 Public Beta in detail
- Fixes a problem installing from a network drive on Windows systems.
- Fixed a problem with black marks when loading projects on non-English locale systems.
- Fixed a problem with the behavior of Color Warper&s color picker in highlight mode.
- Corrected a problem with interlaced clips showing watermarks for basic interlace detection.
- Corrected a problem with AAF exports to ProTools
- Corrected a problem with Motion Trails Resolve FX
- Fixed a problem with motion actions on the cut page.
- Fixed a problem with FlexBus channel mapping.
- Corrected a problem with the timecode entry for custom frame rate timelines.
- Corrected a problem with backtracking when using optical flow in Fusion.
- Corrected a problem with inserting nodes on the Fusion page for double-screen layouts.
- Corrected a problem where using Fusion Corner Pinning could sometimes cause a crash.
- Corrected a problem where rendering a shape with size zero could cause a crash on the fusion page.
- Corrected a problem where time noise reduction was applied to clips with multiple fusion outputs.
- More than 50 general performance and stability improvements