Three weeks after the last update, which had given us a wonderfully shortened startup time, Blackmagic has already released a new version of its grading, editing, compositing and audio mastering program DaVinci Resolve (Studio).
Version 17.2.1 brings support for improved playback performance when working with network storage and a more responsive HDR palette when using grading consoles. It also brings more reliable audio playback when working with longer timelines, better waveform rendering for normalized 32-bit audio, and better audio playback with MKV clips on Windows systems.
What's new in Blackmagic DaVinci Resolve 17.2.1.
- Improved playback performance on network storage devices.
- Improved startup performance when using video surveillance devices.
- Improved startup performance when scanning Fusion templates.
- Fixed a delay when changing HDR properties from a control panel.
- Fixed an issue with a truncated waveform for 32-bit normalized audio.
- Fixed an issue with incorrect behavior during loudness normalization.
- Fixed an issue with recording audio in 192 KHz in FlexBus projects.
- Fixed audio stuttering when playing MKV clips on Windows.
- Fixed incorrect linked audio names in AAFs for round-trip workflows.
- Fixed momentary audio dropouts during playback of large timelines.
- Fixed an issue with relinking media when importing a DRT timeline.
- Fixed an issue with retaining MIDI I/O settings between restarts.
- Fixed a problem with reversing direction on fade and shape transitions.
- Fixed an issue with losing remote grades for composite clips when reloading the project.
- Fixed incorrect behavior of the Fusion loader with some image sequences.
- Fixed incorrect preview results with Fusion Viewer LUTs.
- Fixed a problem with loading LUT files in drfx bundles.
- Fixed a problem with updating new content for templates.
- Fixed an issue with retaining UI layouts between application restarts.
- Fixed an issue with exporting subtitle sidecar files to a new folder.
- Fixed an issue with render jobs ignoring in-out areas in collaboration.
- Fixed an issue with trimming Arri Raw MXF clips in Media Management.
- General performance and stability improvements.
Fusion Studio 17.2.1 Update.
Also receiving an update is Fusion Studio - version 17.2.1 improves the performance of custom Fusion effects and makes loading bundled Fusion templates more reliable. In addition, undo color correction tools and performance when updating and overwriting existing Fusion templates have been optimized.