Blackmagic has released another new version of its grading, editing, compositing and audio mastering program DaVinci Resolve (Studio), as well as the standalone version of its VFX tool Fusion Studio, after an unusually long hiatus.
DaVinci Resolve version 17.4.4 brings support for Blackmagic RAW 2.3, improved security when working with Dropbox and YouTube, and faster processing of clips with Fusion effects. In addition, DaVinci Resolve 17.4.4 supports hardware-accelerated VP9 decoding and H.265 encoding with Main10 profiles on Apple M1 Silicon models.
Blackmagic DaVinci Resolve 17.4.4
What's New in DaVinci Resolve 17.4.4.
- Support for Blackmagic RAW SDK 2.3
- Support for browser-based authentication for Dropbox and YouTube.
- Support for Deep Link Hyper Encode for multiple Intel GPU systems.
- Hardware accelerated VP9 decoding on Apple silicon.
- Support for H.265 Main10 4:2:2 encoding on Apple silicon.
- Support for generation of Rec.2020 Dolby Vision IMFs.
- Ability to specify encoding primaries in Dolby Vision XML exports.
- Improved DaVinci Neural Engine performance on Macs with AMD GPUs.
- Improved performance for clips with Fusion effects.
- Fixed an issue where the speed in the editing timeline changed.
- Improved viewer preview when dragging a clip below the playhead.
What's new in Blackmagic DaVinci Fusion 17.4.4.
This software update supports clips in Blackmagic RAW 2.3, improves the stability of stereo viewer modes and memory usage with 3D footage. In addition, it provides more accurate rendering of Text+ outlines.
- Added support for Blackmagic RAW SDK 2.3.
- Fixed a memory usage issue with 3D footage.
- Fixed an issue with some stereo viewer modes.
- Fixed a problem with the positioning of the Add Tools dialog.
- Fixed a problem with portrait clips in the monitor view.
- Fixed a problem with perspective thickness of Text+ outlines.
- Some tools were not updated to new timeline resolutions.
- Fixed an issue that occurred when pressing alt/opt+K in the Planar Tracker.
- Fixed a problem with writing frame rates in some QuickTime clips.
- Fixed an issue with some duplicate color control labels.
- General performance and stability improvements.