Only a few days after the final version of DaVinci Resolve 18, Blackmagic has already released a first update of its free grading, editing, compositing and audio mastering program. This mainly fixes a number of bugs, including a problem with DNx support, Fusion&s Mandelbrot tool on Apple Silicon systems, and gain and gamma when normalizing Fusion viewers. Other improvements include saving still images in power gradings and color space selection in updated ACES projects.
What&s new in DaVinci Resolve 18.0.1
- Addressed issue with incorrectly generated DNxHR cache files.
- Addressed issues with grabbing power grade stills in network projects.
- Addressed incorrect IDT selection on upgraded ACES projects.
- Addressed a Mandelbrot color issue in Fusion on Apple silicon.
- Addressed a gain and gamma issue when normalizing Fusion viewers.
- Addressed possible gain issues with the duplicate tool in Fusion.
- Addressed a blend and jittering issue on duplicate tools with Apple silicon.
- General performance and stability improvements.
DaVinci Fusion 18.0.1
As always, an update to the VFX standalone Fusion program has been released at the same time as the Resolve update. This software update fixes a color problem with the Mandelbrot tool on Apple Silicon systems. In addition, the translation of languages with the controls now works correctly. In addition, the Fusion 18.0.1 update optimizes the gain and gamma display during viewer normalization.