Blackmagic's DaVinci Resolve is known for its numerous updates and so there is another new version to announce today. The latest software update 18.6.3 includes support for synchronizing media from network folders for cloud projects, the option to prevent hibernation when uploading large files or generating proxies and the ability to deliver projects with proxy media.
There is also additional support for decoding 4:2:2 HEIF and HIF clips, stability improvements when ripple editing large timelines and improved audio synchronization when bouncing audio with voice isolation.
Blackmagic DaVinci Resolve 18.6.3 Update
Below you will find a complete overview of all new features:
- Support for synchronizing media from network folders for cloud projects.
- Option to prevent hibernation when uploading files or creating proxies for the cloud.
- Configuration dialog when importing projects into a cloud project library.
- Cloud projects without media synchronization now use the proxy settings in the preferences.
- Option to provide settings to use proxy media for web presets.
- Support for per-output audio normalization during rendering.
- ACEScg support in RCM with combined gamut and gamma mode.
- Support for decoding 4:2:2 HEIF and HIF clips.
- Ability to close the current project via the file menu.
- Ability to adjust the aspect ratio for Dolby Vision exports.
- Improved sort order for Dolby Vision combo boxes.
- Improved handling of inactive clients in collaboration projects.
- Fixed an issue with copying projects between cloud libraries.
- Fixed an issue with changing the speed of unlinked audio in the inspector.
- Fixed an issue with deleting transitions with an in-out range in editing.
- Fixed a performance issue with ripple editing of large timelines.
- Fixed an issue with color selection in Resolve FX 3D Keyer in editing.
- Fixed gaps when ripple deleting interlaced clips with frame alignment.
- Fixed several tracking and drawing issues with magic mask in Fusion.
- Improved the speed of transforming objects with MaterialX materials in Fusion.
- When copying grades with mattes, the layer name is now preferred over the index.
- Fixed incorrect saturation when soft clipping the custom HDR curve.
- The flickering of the power window in the stereoscopic 3D preview with dual SDI has been fixed.
- Fixed color gamut limitation issues with ACES ODTs with a P3 D65 color gamut.
- Fixed an issue with the use of power bin timeline mats in the node diagram.
- Inserted HDR Vivid Trim presets now take the selected mode into account.
- Fixed an issue when creating new HDR zones on the color page.
- Fixed an issue with changing the source folder for clips with proxies
- Fixed an issue with window display on Macs running Sonoma 14.1.
- Fixed an issue with displaying flags on thumbnails of video-only media.
- Fixed an issue with restoring the active local version when restoring removed media.
- Fixed an issue with the image quality of clips that have been interlaced.
- Fixed an issue with opening the take selection for clips with new timing.
- Fixed an issue with audio synchronization when bouncing audio with voice isolation.
- Fixed an issue with the order modifier in the Fairlight timeline.
- Improved the layout of the keyword manager.
- General performance and stability improvements.
The update is free for all owners of the Studio version and is now available for download for Windows, Mac OS and Linux.