Blackmagic has released a new fourth beta of its grading, editing, compositing and audio mastering program DaVinci Resolve 18. The update brings support for exporting IMSC1 and DFXP subtitles directly from the Edit Workspace, and allows clips in various formats to be dragged into the Fairlight Timeline, where matching tracks are then created. Furthermore, the update improves reliability when loading some 3D plug-ins in Fusion and the update function when changing the stroke softness for Fusion Paint. Numerous bugs have also been fixed, such as irregularities when navigating clip markers in the Fairlight Timeline, and - as always - performance and stability in general have been improved.
New features in Blackmagic DaVinci Resolve 18 Public Beta 4.
- Support for Resolve FX Surface Tracker on the Fusion page.
- Automatic initialization of mesh boundary overlay in Resolve FX Surface Tracker.
- Improved post-filter map fineness with fewer artifacts for Resolve FX Depth Map.
- Ability to export IMSC1 or DFXP captions from the track header context menu.
- Ctrl/Cmd dragging of different formats into the Fairlight timeline now creates matching tracks.
- General performance and stability improvements.
Bug improvements in Blackmagic DaVinci Resolve 18 Public Beta 4.
- Fixed an issue where reloading bins in collaboration sometimes did not work.
- Fixed incorrect metadata mapping when importing some CSV files.
- When rendering in place, renames for composite clips are ignored on the edit page.
- Corrected the order of timeline edits when importing files from the Finder on the Edit page.
- Fixed accidental selection of transform overlays when clicking in the Edit view.
- Accidental creation of keyframes for some actions in the Curves panel has been fixed.
- Fixed issues with keyframes from Open FX on the Edit page.
- Fixed a refresh issue when enabling the display of individual audio channels in the edit.
- Center-clicking a clip in Fusion no longer overwrites compositions.
- Fixed an issue where some 3D plug-ins would not load in Fusion.
- Fixed a refresh issue that occurred when changing the stroke width for Fusion Paint.
- Fixed incorrect previews for some Fusion compositions for multi-track composite clips.
- Fixed issues with Resolve FX zoom blur and chromatic adjustment in Fusion.
- Fixed a stability issue when previewing renders in Fusion views.
- Fixed an issue with undoing font names in Text+.
- Fixed an issue with maintaining automation when decomposing timelines.
- Fixed inconsistent navigation for clip markers in the Fairlight timeline.
- ADR displays hidden tracks as recording or guide options.
- Fixed an issue with Dolby Atmos clip profiles when clip attributes are changed.
- Fixed incorrect HDR processing of dark areas in some scenarios.
- Fixed an issue with moving power windows after saving a project.
- Fixed an issue with glitches when moving the Scopes window on the Mac.
- Fixed an issue with encoding 96Khz AAC audio on the Mac.
Blackmagic Fusion 18 Beta 4 Update.
As always, Blackmagic has also released a new version of the standalone variant of the FX program Fusio was released alongside the DaVinci Resolve update. This brings localized UI in five new languages in addition to English, including French, Spanish, Portuguese, Chinese and Thai. The update also brings support for H.265 rendering from Saver nodes on Mac OS, it fixes irregularities when editing Text+ characters in the preview window, and more reliable loading of plug-ins in Fusion. Furthermore, it improves the update function when changing the stroke softness for Fusion Paint.