Just two weeks after unveiling the first beta version of new version 18 of DaVinci Resolve (Studio), Blackmagic has already released the second beta of its grading, editing, compositing and audio mastering program.
Blackmagic DaVinci Resolve 18
The new version Beta 2 of Resolve 18 supports new object masking capabilities in the Magic Mask palette, as well as improved mixing of immersive Dolby Atmos audio. Support is also added for creating Dolby Atmos on Linux and Apple Silicon systems, as well as rendering Dolby Vision-compatible H.265 clips. In addition, the update improves collaboration workflows when working with restrictive firewalls. It optimizes proxy display and provides more powerful presets for size parameters.
What&s New in DaVinci Resolve 18.0 Beta 2.
- New object mask feature in Magic Mask.
- Improved Dolby Atmos immersive mixing, including binaural monitoring.
- Native support for Dolby Atmos production for Linux and Apple Silicon.
- Support for rendering Dolby Vision compatible H.265 clips. On macOS/Win with Studio version with Dolby-- Trim license or Dolby--supported display on Windows.
- Fix firewall issues when starting collaboration.
- Fixed a crash when zooming out of the timeline with markers.
- Fixed an issue where a newly saved project was not locked.
- Fixed an issue where proxy displays were not updating.
- Fixed a problem with size presets for clips without grades.
- Fixed a problem with duration when placing still images in the foreground.
- Fixed an issue with saving Fusion layouts to workspace presets.
- Fixed a crash with some XML timeline imports.
- Fixed a crash when switching quickly between timelines.
- Fixed a crash on certain Intel graphics systems.
For those who want to learn about the new features in version 18, Blackmagic has also already released an updated version of the accompanying (free) English-language, approximately 4,000-page manual.
Fusion 18.0 Public Beta 2.
This software update improves Fusion Studio&s system stability when using mask shapes and more reliably displays brush size. In addition, support for various compression levels in the OpenEXR format has been optimized. A license dongle is required for this version of Fusion Studio.