Blackmagic's latest - and as always free - update 16.2.2 for his editing / colorgrading / compositing / sound editing program DaVinci Resolve (Studio) brings a lot of new features and improvements, among others: Support for hardware accelerated H.265 Main10 rendering on Mac; display of LUT names in the metadata of Blackmagic RAW clips and custom output frame rates for YouTube, Vimeo and frame.io.
The DaVinci Resolve 16.2.2 update also supports task status markers in frame.io and Rec.709-A gamma in the QuickTime player, fixes level shifts when playing H.264 files on Mac, and improves audio transition processing when trimming clips in the Timeline.
Blackmagic DaVinci Resolve 16
Blackmagic recommends all users to update to this latest version and to backup all active databases and running projects before updating. As always, Blackmagic points out that technical support for the free version of DaVinci Resolve 16 is only available on the Blackmagic Design Community Forums.
Here is the detailed list of new features and improvements in DaVinci Resolve 16.2.2:
- Hardware accelerated H.265 Main10 renders on supported Macs.
- Blackmagic RAW clip LUT name can now be viewed in clip metadata.
- Ability to assign frame rate in YouTube, Vimeo and Frame.io renders.
- Support for marking Frame.io comments in markers as complete.
- Nudge keyboard actions can be used in the sync clip dialog.
- Support for exporting .srt files without formatting.
- Support for RED 7.3.1 SDK.
- Support for Rec.709-A gamma option for QuickTime player compatibility.
- Preference to automatically tag Rec.709 clips as Rec.709-A.
- Addressed level shifts playing some short H.264 clips on Mac systems.
- Addressed loss of audio transition when trimming clips in the timeline.
- Addressed issues with stabilization not being available in the inspector.
- Addressed issues with incorrect channel order for audio waveform display.
- Addressed an issue with previewing in Fusion when in proxies mode.
- Addressed an issue with using reference sizing with timeline wipe.
- Addressed an issue with aspect ratio metadata in some MXF renders.
- Multiple performance and stability improvements.