After Blackmagic released the version 16.2.4 of its editing / colorgrading / compositing / sound editing program DaVinci Resolve (Studio) only a few days ago, the beta 1 of version 16.3 was released yesterday - but for now only for OS X.
Blackmagic DaVinci Resolve 16.2.4
DaVinci Resolve 16.2.4 (for OS X/Windows and Linux) brought features such as better debayering support for RAW clips from EOS-1D X Mark III and EOS R5 cameras, more precise playhead synchronization in the cut workspace, and faster decoding for JPEG 2000 images from Kakadu on Linux and Windows. In addition, a bug in saving projects after editing audio keyframes has been fixed, and the performance of custom tools in Fusion has been improved, with support for Blackmagic RAW 1.8 added and more.
Editing BRAW 12K material in Blackmagic DaVinci Resolve 16.3 Beta 1 on OS X
Blackmagic DaVinci Resolve 16.3 Beta 1
The version 16.3 Beta 1 (Studio) for OS X (from macOS 10.14.6 Mojave) extends these new features with support for the Blackmagic RAW SDK 2. 0 Beta (which has also just been released and is also only available for OS X for the time being) to allow DaVinci Resolve to work with the new Blackmagic RAW 12K videos, as demonstrated by Blackmagic CEO Grant Petty during the demonstration of the new Blackmagic URSA Mini Pro 12K camera and working with its 12K video on a Mac Pro, as shown in the following video from approx. 54:33:
The RAW SDK 2.0 also brings support for the new Blackmagic URSA Mini Pro 12K camera and its ability to record on two memory cards simultaneously, as well as support for the new Blackmagic Color Science Gen 5 of the new camera.
The new features of DaVinci Resolve 16.2.4 in detail:
- Support for Blackmagic RAW SDK 1.8
- Improved debayering support for EOS-1D X Mark III and EOS R5 raw clips.
- Improved syncing of playhead between timeline and viewer in the sync bin.
- Improved tone mapping behavior when performing wipes in HDR projects.
- Improved Kakadu JPEG 2000 decode performance on Linux and Windows.
- Addressed an issue with cropping the upper track in some scenarios.
- Addressed an issue with removing freeze frames in retimed clips.
- Addressed an issue with adjusting volume on a multi-track audio clip.
- Addressed an issue with saving the project after moving audio keyframes.
- Addressed an issue with waveform displays when scrolling the timeline.
- Addressed issues with audio waveforms in sync bin and sync clip window.
- Addressed an issue with resetting the MediaIn node in the inspector.
- Addressed an issue with trimming still images in the Fusion page.
- Addressed an issue with flashing alpha on EXR clips with Fusion comps.
- Addressed a preview issue with aux channels and combiner nodes.
- Addressed an issue with slow renders for Fusion custom tools.
- Addressed an issue with gradient modifiers applied on color controls.
- Multiple performance and stability improvements.
The new features of DaVinci Resolve 6.3 Public Beta 1 in detail:
- Support for Blackmagic RAW SDK 2.0 beta.
- General performance and stability improvements.