Blackmagic Design today announced a new family of ultra-compact Micro Converter 3G models that allow users to use HDMI devices with professional SDI systems. The three new models have features such as 3D LUTs and support more video formats than the older models they replace.
New Blackmagic Design Micro Converter 3G models
The new Blackmagic Micro Converter features professional 3G-SDI connections and can process both 8 and 10 bit video formats in RGB or YUV as well as all SD and HD formats up to 1080p/60, even 1080p/24, 1080p/47.95 and 1080p/48.
The new Micro Converter 3G models support, among other things, time code conversion for HDMI and SDI. Users also receive full timecode support for Standard Definition and High Definition video formats. This means that signals can be converted to SDI from virtually any timecode-supporting HDMI device and the timecode can be adopted by larger broadcast systems.
The USB-C port of the Blackmagic Micro Converter is used for power supply and allows changing settings via computer using the Converter Utility Software for Mac and Windows. Power can be drawn directly from the TV or laptop computer, and buyers can purchase the models without power supplies when they are not needed.
- Extremely small design for mobile operation
- Supports software updates via USB connection
- With 3D LUT for monitoring (SDI to HDMI model)
- With camera control functions for Blackmagic ATEM mixers
- Supports 3G-SDI and HDMI timecode standards
- With 3G-SDI technology and internal SDI reclocking
- Supports all video standards in NTSC, PAL, 720 HD and 1080 HD
- The models are available with or without power supply
The Micro Converter 3G models - Micro Converter SDI to HDMI 3G,Micro Converter HDMI to SDI 3G and Micro Converter BiDirectional SDI/HDMI 3G - are now available at Blackmagic Design dealers worldwide at prices starting at .