Blackmagic Design sticks to its regular update schedule and once again presents a free update for DaVinci Resolve.
With version 17.4.6. not only bugs were fixed, but there are also some feature enhancements. In detail these are:
- Support for Nikon RAW video formats.
- Support for Sony IMF render preset.
- CopySettings support for Fusion modifiers.
- Scripting API support for getting Node Count and LUT by Node Index.
- Improved stability for large 3D renders in Fusion on M1 Max.
- Clip gain changes were incorrectly applied to selected tracks.
- Fixed audio issues with proxies generated for clips without 48KHz.
- Fixed an issue with the context menu for clips with cached audio effects.
- Fixed a stability issue with some HDR controls in Apple Silicon.
- Fixed a problem with incorrect fonts.
- Fixed an issue with extruding 3D text from certain fonts.
- Fixed SVG groups going offline when duplicate Fusion node names exist.
- Fixed issues with IO encoding plugins.
- Fixed audio artifacts when playing Sony XAVC formats.
- Fixed issues with logging into Vimeo.
- General performance and stability improvements.
It is also interesting to note that the program has been holding on to version number 17 for well over a year now. We therefore strongly expect to see a major version jump to version 18 at NAB in April.