Blackmagic Design today introduced the UltraStudio Monitor 3G and UltraStudio Recorder 3G, two new extremely portable and affordable capture and playback solutions that feature 3G-SDI and HDMI interfaces as well as Thunderbolt 3. Both devices can be powered from the computer via their Thunderbird connection.
UltraStudio Monitor 3G
The UltraStudio Monitor 3G and UltraStudio Recorder 3G connect to the PC via Thunderbolt 3, the former for playback of video via SDI or HDMI output, the latter for recording video via its SDI and HDMI inputs.
The affordable price gives users the choice of recording or playback devices - UltraStudio Monitor 3G for monitoring with NLE software and UltraStudio Recorder 3G for recording external video.
UltraStudio Recorder 3G
The new models are plug-and-play, equipped with Thunderbolt 3 and replace their more expensive predecessors, which only had Thunderbolt 2. Thunderbolt 3 enables support for more video formats, more colour spaces and a wider range of RGB video formats.
- Two models: UltraStudio Monitor 3G for playback, UltraStudio Recorder 3G for recording
- Extremely fast Thunderbolt 3 port for processing high-quality video
- 3G-SDI and HDMI connectors on both models
- Support for all common SD and HD video formats up to 1080p/60
- Uncompressed and compressed 10-bit video in 4:2:2 YUV or RGB quality
- Supports DaVinci Resolve and any other video software
- SDK for developers for free download
The UltraStudio Monitor 3G and the UltraStudio Recorder 3G are now available for about 125 Euro each from Blackmagic Design Resellers worldwide.