DJI has not only released a another firmware update for its new Mini 3 Pro drone, but is finally offering the new RC remote control separately (previously it was only available bundled with the Mini 3 Pro). DJI Mini3 Pro firmware v01.00.0201 extends the support for FocusTrack, QuickShots (Dronie, Rocket, Circle, Helix and Boomerang) and Hyperlapse smart flight recording modes added by the firmware update v01.00.0100 to portrait (portrait) video recording. There&s also a new 2-second option for interval shooting, continuous autofocus, and a new ZSB mode for transferring video to PC, as well as some improvements to already existing features, such as photo capture acceleration.
DJI Mini 3 Pro
New features of DJI Mini 3 Pro firmware v01.00.0200.
- Added support for FocusTrack, QuickShots (Dronie, Rocket, Circle, Helix and Boomerang) and Hyperlapse in portrait mode.
- Added a two-second interval setting option when Hyperlapse is used after startup.
- Added support for continuous autofocus (AF-C) during video recording.
- Added USB mode. When the flight unit is connected to a computer and USB mode is enabled, the flight unit disables image transfer to increase the time for copying recordings.
Here is our review of the DJI Mini 3 Pro.
Improvements in DJI Mini 3 Pro Firmware v01.00.0201.
- Increased the speed of the camera when taking photos.
- The stability of videos when using hyperlapse has been increased.
- The dynamic range for Hyperlapse has been increased.
- Optimized image quality when shooting at night in D-Cinelike.
- Optimized the anti-interference capability and transmission distance of the image transmission system.
- Optimized the correctness of the battery level indicator on the DJI RC-N1 remote control.
- Optimized battery charge management when flying in high wind environments.
Bug fixes from DJI Mini3 Pro firmware v01.00.0201.
- Problem fixed: Videos recorded in D-Cinelike in some scenarios were flickering.
- Fixed issue: When selecting smart flight modes in portrait mode, an incorrect prompt appeared on the DJI RC remote control or an Android device.
- Optimized the vignetting effect in DNG photos.
DJI Mini 3 Pro
How the DJI Mini 3 Pro update works.
To update to the new version of the firmware, version 1.6.8 of the DJI Fly app should be installed, either by updating the app or downloading it from DJI. When the drone is then turned on and connected to the app, you will be prompted to activate the Mini 3 Pro drone and unlock all functions. To ensure that all components work together, the latest firmware version should be installed everywhere, i.e. the DJI RC-N1 remote control should use firmware version 04.14.0221 and the new DJI RC remote control should use firmware version 01.01.0000.