DOP Shane Hurlbut (Need for Speed, Rim of the World, Terminator Salvation etc.) provides a full 8 hours of his otherwise chargeable illumination workshop "Illumination Experience Workshop" for free as corona relief.
The workshop covers a whole range of lighting issues. Among the topics discussed in the Illumination Experience Workshop are:
- 5 things to look for when lighting any face: Drop shadow, The Wedge, Eye reflection, Nose shadow, Eye shadow
- When to use certain types of diffusion
- Where to place your diffusion
- Secrets to organic looking bounce light
- How to use color checkers to ensure rich accurate skin tones
- How to know what side to light a subject from
- Shane’s proprietary technique for testing how to light faces
- The power of shaping light
- Lighting in layers
- Finding the emotion of a scene
- Making the talents eyes “pop”
- How angle of light can affect character perception/emotion/beauty
So if you can't or don't want to go outside at the moment, you will find plenty of instructive and entertaining illustrative material here.
Cool stuff - we wish you a lot of fun.