That went fast - again only 2 weeks after the last update, which supports the new Blackmagic Pocket Cinema Camera 6K G2 and a new AI stabilizer for gyroscope metadata, Blackmagic has already released the next beta for its DaVinci Resolve 18 grading, editing, compositing and audio mastering program.
DaVinci Resolve 18
The DaVinci Resolve 18 Beta 6 update brings support for Blackmagic RAW 2.6 and the ARRI Alexa 35 camera. In addition, it optimizes the degree of motion stabilization and aliasing behavior of stabilized clips and provides better playback stability of cached clips and better retiming performance with the Elastic Wave function. (Thanks to Henry!)
What's new in DaVinci Resolve Studio 18 Public Beta 6
- Support for Blackmagic RAW SDK 2.6
- Support for the ARRI ALEXA 35 camera.
- Support for Dolby Vision H.265 Profile 8.4 encoding on Apple silicon.
- Support for bidirectional tracking in advanced panel.
- Support for quick review play mode in advanced panel.
- Improved aliasing behavior during playback of gyro-stabilized clips.
- Optimized GPU decoding performance for R3D clips.
- Fixed a source file reading issue for fully cached clips in some scenarios.
- Fix left channel artifacts in certain nested stereo configurations.
- Some fixed-bus projects from 17.4.6 now load as FlexBus projects.
- Fixed an issue with elastic waves in small audio clips.
- Changing the strength of the camera gyro no longer restarts the analysis.
- Fixed a crash when using gyro-based camera stabilization.
- Fixed an issue with color space tagging for Blackmagic gen 5 Color Science ProRes clips.
- Fixed a saturation error when color matching BRAW clips with gen 5 Color Science.
- Fixed surface tracker artifacts in some occlusion scenarios.
- Fixed a cache regeneration issue when changing the parameters of the native Open FX interface.
- Fixed a problem with decoding some Canon AVC clips on Apple Silicon systems.
- The list of people collaborated with does not show all active users in some cases.
- The Fusion inspector does not reflect changes from the edit page.
- Fixed incorrect behavior when painting circles and rectangles with shortcut keys and mouse inputs.
- Fixed a problem displaying polygons in Quad view with vectorscopes and waveforms.
- General performance and stability improvements.
DaVinci Resolve 18
Fusion Studio 18 Beta 6 Update.
And as always, an update for the standalone version of the FX program Fusion Studio has been released at the same time. The Fusion Studio 18 Beta 6 update improves the paint behavior for key and mouse inputs. The quad view with vectorscope and waveform has also been optimized. This version requires a license dongle for Fusion Studio.
Translated with www.DeepL.com/Translator (free version)