Dropbox has released some new features for both its classic cloud storage Dropbox and its service Dropbox Passwords, such as an automatic upload of new photos to Dropbox configurable by albums and a conversion of images and documents (soon also videos) to other formats. The new features are now active in the respective versions of the Dropbox app or-. Desktop version.
New features in the area of photos and videos.
- Camera uploads now available for all Basic users.
- Improvement of camera uploads: Photos and videos now upload faster and more reliably.
- Automatically back up photos and videos to Dropbox on your mobile device and access them from any device.
- Back up specific albums and customize which photos and videos are saved (already available for iOS and coming soon for Android).
- Save storage space on mobile and automatically remove photos after they are backed up to Dropbox.
New features in work organization.
- File conversion: files such as images and PDFs can be converted to different formats (e.g. JPEGs to PNGs) without leaving Dropbox. Video conversion is to follow soon.
- New notification area in the taskbar: Overview of all synced content at a glance on the taskbar (Windows) or menu bar (Mac).
- New web navigation: Find content faster with new folder navigation via the left sidebar.
- Redesigned details pane: Instantly see which content is most important thanks to an updated, intuitive content details pane on the web.
- Folder suggestions (Dropbox Business Teams only): Suggested folders display appropriate content that can be shared with the people you want to share it with
Photo upload selection.
Updates for Dropbox Passwords.
The browser extension (complete with web service) Dropbox Passwords lets you log in to websites and apps with an app that stores passwords centrally in the cloud. The following new features affect Dropbox Basic, Plus, Family and Professional users.
- Browser extension for passwords: save and fill in credentials and passwords directly while registering in the browser.
- Password sharing: share passwords and share accounts without losing track of who has access to which account.
- Credit/EC card support