Roland&s new free AeroCaster Switcher app for iPad allows owners of Roland&s streaming mixers with HDMI input (such as the just-released V-02HD MK II streaming video mixer) to wirelessly use up to five smartphones and tablets (iOS and Android) or a PC as an HD-quality input source for live streaming.
Roland AeroCaster Switcher App
This way, either the respective screen content can be transmitted via screen sharing or the images of the integrated camera of the selected smartphone or tablet can be used. A prerequisite for using the camera, however, is the installation of the AeroCaster Camera App, which is also free of charge, but which is currently only available for iOS - an Android version is, however, to be released in the spring of 2022. The iPad with the AeroCaster Switcher app can then be used to remotely control the camera functions of any connected device, including focus, zoom, exposure, stabilization, white balance and more.
Roland AeroCaster Camera App
AeroCaster Switcher thus offers a straightforward BYOD (Bring Your Own Device) solution for wireless screen sharing, for example, by presenters and panelists. Via the AeroCaster Switcher app, it is possible to switch between the different sources as well as to feed in titles, crossfades, picture-in-picture windows, split-screen views, images and media clips. The combined program feed (1080p30 maximum) can then be sent to the V-02HD MK II or any other compatible Roland Switcher with HDMI input.
Roland AeroCaster Switcher App Function Scheme
What is needed to switch via AeroCaster App
- A supported Roland video switcher or AV streaming mixer (VR-50HD MK II, VR-4HD, VR-1HD, V-160HD, V-02HD MK II,V-4EX, UVC-01 and VC-100UHD). - A compatible Apple iPad with the free AeroCaster Switcher app installed.
- An appropriate Apple HDMI adapter for the iPad model being used
- A supported smartphone or tablet with the free AeroCaster Camera app installed.
- For computer screen sharing: a computer with Google Chrome web browser installed
- A fast and stable wifi network to connect all devices (the AeroCaster Switcher automatically adjusts the image quality to the available wifi connection speed)