GoPro has unveiled a new, ultra-lightweight version of its Hero10 Black action cam, designed specifically as an FPV (First Person View) drone camera. It has features from the Hero10 Black such as the GP2 image processor, HyperSmooth image stabilization feature, the same image quality and video frame rates - all packed into a compact body with special ventilation designed specifically for FPV use.
GoPro Hero10 Black Bones.
The GoPro Hero10 Black Bones weighs just 54 grams for use in FPV drones that are also quite light and can carry little weight. This is GoPro&s response to the popularity of its Hero action cams among FPV drone pilots, who, however, have often had problems with the cam&s relatively high weight and have even gone so far as to remove parts of the housing to save weight. They especially appreciate the possibility of subsequent image stabilization via ReelSteady.
The Hero10 Black Bones can shoot 5.3K at 60 fps, 4K at 120fps, and 2.7K at 240 fps slow motion. The camera comes with a license for GoPro&s ReelSteady video stabilization software, which is now part of the new GoPro Player + ReelSteady desktop app and is designed to make shooting smooth - features like lens correction and batch export are also available via this new app.
GoPro Hero10 Black Bones with FPV Drone.
GoPro Hero10 Black Bones main features.
- Same image quality and stabilization as the Hero10.
- At 54 grams, the lightest GoPro e.g. for drones in the 3-inch class and larger
- Well-ventilated, semi-rugged housing
- Usable with its own battery: compatible with existing drone batteries within specifications (2S-6S, 5-27V)
- Multiple control options: two physical buttons on the camera, the Quik app, GoPro Labs QR codes, GoPro The Remote, or a drone&s transmitter
- Easily mounts to drones with a single screw and an optional adapter for the GoPro mounting ecosystem; uses standard FPV industry connectors for quick setup
- Replaceable lens cover: in the event of a drop, the lens cover is replaceable; also compatible with third-party ND filters for the HERO9 Black and Hero10 Black to reduce the camera&s shutter speed to film-like levels
- ReelSteady stabilization included: license for ReelSteady stabilization and other premium features included in GoPro Player + ReelSteady desktop app included
- Video resolutions: 5.3K60, 4K120 + 2.7K240
- Soldering is required to use the Hero10 Black Bones. Soldering tool not included.
- Available in the USA only.
GoPro Hero10 Black Bones
Price and Availability.
For now, the Hero10 Black Bones is only available in the US, priced at around including a ReelSteady license with a one-year GoPro subscription for around (meaning the total price will be around ) or without a subscription for around .