The editing software Edius X is available in the new version 10.30 from today. It can now also be used on Windows 11 systems. Other major new features include improved memory management, an H.265 software encoder, and support for MP4 files with variable frame rates. The latter is useful for editing video material recorded with smartphones, among other things.
Edius X v10.30
The latest Intel QuickSync SDK is also supported, as well as AJA T-TAP Pro. The Blackmagic RAW SDK has been updated to allow Video Assist Recorder footage to be edited together with Panasonic Lumix S1, S5, G1H, GH5S, BGH1, HS1H and Fujifilm GFX100(S). Furthermore, the compatibility check of the installed Blackmagic I/O hardware driver with EDIUS X is done automatically.
Clip markers can now be created directly in the Timeline via shortcut, clip attributes can be easily transferred to another clip. Sequence clips on the Timeline display clip and sequence markers as well as waveform. Multiple source files can now be converted to different formats simultaneously. The option of automatic naming has been added to the export. The readability of GPS data in the settings dialogs has been improved, also GPS data is now displayed for MOV files.
Other new features are:
- Change window layout via keyboard shortcut
- New keyboard shortcut for larger slider in player window
- Option to skip frames in the preview
- Enhanced exchange capabilities through EDIUS API
- Enhanced XAVC proxy support of more than 2 channels when importing
- Support for the latest P2 8K 422 specifications (version 1.12)
- Read/write H.265/HEVC Timecode SEI and H.264/AVC Picture SEI support through software encoder
- Only in Workgroup version: support for editing growing MXF files created by Sony XDS XDCam Station
The update to Edius X v10.30 is free for users of version 10.