New firmware for Canon EOS R5, R6 and 1D X Mark III brings numerous improvements[15:18 tue,16.November 2021 by Thomas Richter]
Canon has announced new firmware versions for its full-frame EOS R5, R6 and 1D X Mark III cameras for Dec. 2 (which will give the models EOS R3 features) such as improved eye, face and body detection and tracking, new FTP features and better manual white balance, among others.
Canon EOS R6
What&s new for the Canon EOS R5 and EOS R6 with firmware 1.5.0.
- Vehicle/driver detection from the EOS R3 is now available for the EOS R5 and EOS R6 as well
- Improved eye and face detection and tracking for people, even with masks on
- Improved body recognition for people. Features are based on updated Deep Learning algorithms.
- Improved handling for manual white balance as with EOS R3. Manual white balance can be set directly before shooting and no longer requires separate shooting.
- In very low light conditions, the viewfinder can now be set to not become sluggish due to long "exposure times" if desired. This makes the viewfinder image darker, but much smoother. This may play a role in observation or photography with extreme ISO values.
- Allows setting for multiple recording and mode during remote control.
FTP innovations on the EOS R5 and EOS R6.
- Adds the ability to disable the multi-controller (joystick) for transfer. Background: If the transfer is active with the SET button for FTP transfer, the center position of the joystick is also simultaneously assigned the same function
- Changes the default setting from Active to Passive in the FTP Server Passive Mode setting. Fixes the error during quick setup of accidentally leaving Active instead of Passive in the camera menu and thus preventing connection
Canon EOS R6
EOS R5 and EOS R6: Lens support innovations.
- RF 5.2mm F2.8 L dual fisheye support for EOS R5
- RF 70-200mm F4 L IS USM with manual focus at any time on EOS R5 and EOS R6 (already available in EOS R3)
What&s new for the EOS-1D X MARK III with firmware 1.6.0.
- Improved detection of heads and people in winter sports, even when they are wearing goggles or helmets
- Combined voice memo and image rating ("rate")
- Allows setting for multiple recording and operation mode during remote control
Canon EOS 1D X III
FTP innovations for the EOS-1D X MARK III.
- Adds the ability to disable the multi-controller (joystick) for transfer. Background: If the transfer with the SET button for FTP transfer is
is active, the center position of the joystick is also assigned the same function at the same time
- Changes the default setting from Active to Passive in the FTP Server Passive Mode setting. Fixes the error during quick setup of accidentally leaving Active instead of Passive in the camera menu and thus preventing the connection from being established
- Changes the default power saving mode setting for FTP transfers from active to inactive. If active is selected, the camera disconnects after a short time - when not transferring. If inactive, the connection is maintained.
Availability of firmware updates.
The new firmware versions for the Canon EOS R6 (firmware 1.5.0), for the Canon EOS R5 (firmware 1.5.0), and for the
Canon EOS-1D X Mark III (firmware 1.6.0) will be available for download starting December 2, here.
Canon EOS 1D X III
Our tests and practical articles on the Canon EOS R5, R6 and 1D X Mark III
- The dynamic range of Canon EOS R5 / R6, Panasonic S5 and Sony A7SIII in comparison
- Tips : Quickly get good skin tones with Canon EOS R5 RAW / Log footage
- Test : 8K, 4K HQ, 4K or HD? Which video modes of the Canon EOS R5 are best?
- Test : Canon EOS R5 in practice test: skin tones, 12 bit RAW, LOG/LUT - part 1
- Test : The sensor of the Canon EOS R6 - rolling shutter and debayering
- Test : Canon EOS R5 without heat limit at 8K 25p and 5K 50p ProRes RAW with the ATOMOS Ninja V+ ?
- Canon EOS-1D X Mark III in practice: full frame flagship with internal 5.5K RAW LOG recording
- Canon EOS-1D X Mark III - Best 4K EOS without Cinema Logo
Test : Canon EOS R3 in practice: 12 bit 6K RAW 50p, skin tones, LOG/LUT, stabilization, DJI RS2 and much more
- Test : Canon EOS R3: Shooting times and heat limits at 6K 12 bit 25p/50p RAW and 4K All-I 50p
Weitere Bilder zur Newsmeldung:
more infos at bei www.canon-europe.com
deutsche Version dieser Seite: Neue Firmware für Canon EOS R5, R6 und 1D X Mark III angekündigt
|Canon EOS R5||im Vergleich mit:|
Listenpreis: 4385 €
Markteinführung: August 2020
Platz 2 DSLR/DSLM Bestenliste
Listenpreis: 1948 €
Sensorgrößen-Klasse: Kleinbild-Vollformat, FX