The latest firmware update 188.8.131.52 for the Canon XF705 brings besides some bug fixes a lot of new features, especially different new recording modes and enhancements of the audio functions. The new features in detail:
1. the XF-AVC recording modes were added
-[4K UHD] 3,840 x 2,160 29.97P/23.98P/25P
-[FHD] 1,920 x 1,080 120P/100P/59.94i/50i
2. the MP4 recording modes have been added
-[FHD] 1,920 x 1,080 59.94P/29.97P/23.98P/50P/25P
-[720P] 1,280 x 720 59.94P
3rd High Dynamic Range (HLG, PQ) has now been added to[XF-HEVC] 1,920 x 1,080 120P/100P recording mode.
4. added the Browser Remote function via Ethernet connections.
5. added the ability to update SDI/HDMI output from 59.94P to 29.97P (or 23.98P).
6. added 1,280 x 720/59.94P resolution in MP4 recording mode.
7. added additional combinations of[CH1+CH3/CH2+CH4] AUDIO monitor channels.
8. improved audio control with CH1 and CH2 dials.
9) The[Digital Zoom][Advanced 30x] (Digital Zoom) (Advanced 30X) mode now has better picture quality.
Here is our review of the Canon XF705.