In Germany, too, films are gradually being produced again. In order to guarantee filmmakers the best possible health and safety at work, seven professional associations have proposed a catalogue of measures under the motto "We want to shoot - but for sure!
The measures can be roughly summarised as follows:
- Strong>Strong>Strong health monitoring Only those who have no symptoms go to work. Before the start of production, everyone involved should be tested, actors:inside, make-up artists:inside and the "set team" should be tested daily.
- Strong> as little direct contact as possible, instead much remote: Preliminary discussions and the like should be done via tele-connection as far as possible, location inspections should take place with smaller teams, etc. Also on the set, only personnel actually needed should be in one room at the same time, all others work via extra video playout. Radio technology helps to create enough distance between team members, for example: "The use of a radio focus and a radio monitor is mandatory for the 1st assistant for the duration of the increased risk of infection".
- Hygiene&s paramount. Sufficient protective equipment, disinfection tools etc. must be provided, sufficient ventilation must be ensured, partitions may be required. Procedures and responsibilities must be clearly regulated, specially appointed hygiene officers should take care of compliance and organisation of the measures so that the crew can concentrate on their regular duties.
- more time, more space, more budget - and less "efficiency" Due to the many safety precautions, a normal shooting schedule is not possible, nor should anyone switch between different productions, which also leads to delays. In order to maintain the given distances between the participants, sufficient space must be available. To ensure this, budget increases are needed.
- More equipment is also needed, for example more monitors to prevent grape formation, and more small (audio) devices such as lavalier microphones, headphones, etc., since technology should be used in a personalized way. More vehicles may also be needed.
The complete catalogue of measures can be found here. The following professional associations are involved in the initiative: BVK - Berufsverband Kinematografie e.V. BVFK - Bundesverband der Fernsehkameraleute e.V. BFS - Bundesverband Filmschnitt Editor e.V. BVB - Bundesverband Beleuchtung & Bühne e.V. bvft - Berufsvereinigung Filmton e.V. IDS - Interessenverband Deutscher Schauspieler e.V. BvS / GSA - German Stunt Association e.V.