Sigma has announced new firmware 3.00 for its compact Sigma fp full-frame camera. The update brings several features, such as new "color modes" (Powder Blue, Duotone), compatibility with the Sigma Electronic Viewfinder EVF-11 and the ability to save/load camera settings via QR codes. The development of firmware 3.0 is in the final stages, Sigma is therefore targeting Thursday, June 3, 2021 as the release date. A firmware update for the Sigma Electronic Viewfinder EVF-11 is also scheduled to be released at the same time, which will be necessary for use with the Sigma fp.
The new features of the Sigma fp firmware Ver.3.00.
- Compatibility with the Sigma Electronic Viewfinder EVF-11.
- New color modes "Powder Blue" and "Duotone" added
- Save and load camera settings via QR codes
- New "Quick Focus Frame Shift" function
- Increase in the number of functions that can be assigned to user-defined buttons
- Enhancement of the "Flicker Control" function
- Improvement of AF operation for higher stability
- Improvement of the image quality of JPEG files
- New "Custom Frame" option for frame guidance
Here's our review of the Sigma fp: www.slashcam.de/artikel/Test/Sigma-fp-in-der-Praxis--Pocket-Cinema-in-Vollformat--12-Bit-4K-RAW--extern---Hauttoene--Ergonomie--uvm-.html (Sigma fp in practice: pocket cinema in full frame? 12 bit 4K RAW (external), skin tones, ergonomics, and more).