It´s December 10th and as announced Apple is now offering the new Mac Pro for order -- so prices and delivery dates are fixed. First of all, the price of the Afterburner card, which is particularly interesting for the video world, should be highlighted here; it is available for an extra charge of 2,400 Euro. This is a PCIe accelerator card that is supposed to decode ProRes and ProRes RAW video codecs in Final Cut Pro X, QuickTime Player X and supported apps from other vendors and thus relieve the processor.
In the simplest configuration the Mac Pro costs 6.499 Euro -- the following components are included:
- 3.5 GHz 8-core Intel Xeon W processor, Turbo Boost up to 4.0 GHz
- 32 GB (4 x 8 GB) DDR4 ECC main memory
- Radeon Pro 580X with 8GB GDDR5 graphics memory
- 256 GB SSD memory
But of course you can also spend more money and get more service accordingly. If you don't shy away at a price of 62,568 Euros, you can be happy about the absolute maximum equipment and then get an interior that's got it all, namely:
- 2.5 GHz 28-core Intel Xeon W processor, Turbo Boost up to 4.4 GHz
- 1.5 TB (12 x 128 GB) DDR4 ECC main memory
- Two Radeon Pro Vega II Duo with 2 x 32 GB HBM2 graphics memory each
- 4 TB SSD memory
- Apple Afterburner Map
- Stainless steel frame with castors
- Magic Mouse 2 + Magic Trackpad 2
We expect the most common configurations in the price range between 10 - 15,000 Euro.
The delivery time depends on the configuration -- the basic version will be delivered this year at an extra charge, even if an Afterburner card is purchased as an add-on, this date is indicated. For the Max equipment you have to be patient until the beginning of February.
By the way, the price of the Pro Display XDR -- the already announced 10 Bit-HDR 6K display with constant 1,000 nits brightness -- amounts to 5,499 Euro (standard glass) or 6,499 Euro (nano texture glass).
Translated with www.DeepL.com/Translator (free version)