The latest update of the Vegas Pro editing software (version 19 Update 4) brings a number of improvements. New is for example the support of ProRes (not however ProRes RAW), thus ProRes 4444 XQ, ProRes 422 HQ, ProRes 422, ProRes 4444, ProRes 422 LT, ProRes 422 Proxy.
As with Adobe Premiere Pro, it seems a transcription function is making its way in (speech-to-text). There should also be an automatic subtitle creation as well as an export as .srt, .sub or .txt file. More information on how the transcription works is not yet available, and it is only included as a beta for the time being.
Other new features:
- The Color Correction panel is now available at the media, track, and video output levels.
- Slow Motion via Optical Flow provides settings for speed curves and playback speed.
- Timeline clip events can now be set to automatically adjust to display all frames, especially when playback rate changes (fast-forward or slow-motion) require resizing the event
- Option in Mesh Warp to more smoothly morph the image between mesh points. Allows you to specify how moving a mesh point affects the surrounding mesh points, which can result in a more organic stretching effect
- Disable video preview during rendering option improves rendering performance for users whose computers may be underpowered or not optimized for rendering
- VEGAS Hub and Hub Explorer windows now appear in the default layout for quick and easy access to media
- Unquantized frame indicators help users avoid unexpected results at event edges in the timeline
- New AI tab in the "Video Plug-Ins" panel helps organize all AI-based plug-ins as a group
Vegas Pro 19 is available on a subscription basis as well as a perpetual license, with an optional enhanced Vegas Post version.