Chinese manufacturer Yololiv has introduced a new, particularly compact model in its YoloBox series of live streaming boxes, the YoloBox Mini. Weighing just 320 grams, the YoloBox Mini is a portable live streaming encoder, camera monitor and recorder that can stream a camera&s input - optionally via HDMI and/or USB-A - in the form of a 1080p60 H.264 video stream via Ethernet, WLAN or 4G LTE to the network to multiple destinations such as Facebook, YouTube and Twitch simultaneously.
The YoloBox Mini, which is about the size of an iPhone, has an integrated 5.5" touchscreen with a brightness of 500 nits on which the live stream can be monitored and the various settings can be made. Likewise, graphics, texts, logos, countdown timers and more can be added to the video streams. A special feature is the ability to stream to multiple video portals simultaneously via RTMP.
Yololiv advertises a very simple and quick setup of the YoloBox Mini to start livestreams. In addition to live streaming (maximum video input accepted is 1080p60) via HDMI input for normal cameras or USB for webcams, the YoloBox Mini also offers the possibility to record the camera input directly to SD card (up to 128GB) - these (or other) recordings can also be streamed afterwards. In addition to the camera&s audio, additional audio sources can also be accessed via line IN and microphone IN inputs. The YoloBox Mini can also be used as a camera monitor or recorder.
The HDMI output can be used to send signals to an external monitor or other recording device, and the headphone output can be used to monitor the audio. Power is supplied to the YoloBox Mini via a USB-C input.
Main features of the YoloBox Mini.
- 1 x HDMI, 1 x USB input for video input; 1 x SD card for video recording; 1 x HDMI output; - Microphone input & line-in;
- Live broadcasting in 1080p 60fps;
- Direct integration with YouTube/Facebook/RTMP(s).
- Built-in multi-streaming
- Broadcast over Ethernet, Wi-Fi, LTE 4G
- Add and edit a customizable scoreboard, built-in lower-thirds
- Adding logos/watermarks/running subtitles to the stream
- Add commentary overlays to the stream
- Internal recording to SD card
- Battery life up to 3 hours
- Continuous development through free software and firmware updates
The two YoloBoxes that have been released so far are more expensive, less compact and have a larger screen as well as additional HDMI inputs that can be used to switch between streams from even more cameras.
The YoloBox Mini can be pre-ordered for (it should also show up at German retailers soon) and should ship soon.