Fujifilm has released new firmware versions for quite a few of its cameras (GFX100, X-S10, GFX100S, X-T3, X-T4, X-E4, X-Pro3, and X-T200), bringing both some interesting new features (like tethered shooting for the X-S10) and bug fixes.
- Support for tethered shooting via the USB as well as wirelessly over a Wi-Fi network via "Capture One ", "Tether Shooting Plug-in for Adobe Photoshop Lightroom" or "FUJIFILM X Acquire". - Remote control functions via compatible gimbal via USB, for example, a compatible gimbal can be used to start/stop video recording, set exposure settings for videos (shutter speed, aperture value, ISO sensitivity and exposure compensation) and make manual focus settings. Gimbal manufacturer Zhiyun has already announced support for the remote control functions - Function-specific lock: the new firmware adds a lock option to the settings for buttons and dials in the setup menu. Enabling the feature prevents unintentional changes to dial/button settings. - Improved shutter speed setting for TTL flash shooting with slow sync. - The display of "IP ADDRESS" in Setup menus > CONNECTION SETTING > INFORMATION is added. - When using the FUJIFILM X webcam, the option in the menu changes from "X WEBCAM" to "USB TETHER SHOOTING AUTO." Also, the setting screen displayed on a PC can be used. - Fixed the problem that the spot metering position is fixed to the center without reflecting the position of the focus area when the focus mode is MF and the metering mode is spot. - Fixed the problem that an image cannot be played back with a specific file name created with the EDIT FILE NAME function. - Fixed minor bugs.
In firmware Ver.4.00, the menu structure has been changed and some functions have been renamed. In particular, the movie settings menu has been greatly changed due to the expansion of setting options, and some of the settings are reset to default accordingly.
- Autofocus performance has been improved to the level of the "GFX100S". - Coordinated control of in-body (IBIS) and optical (OIS) image stabilization mechanism of the camera and that of a lens. Image stabilization is performed with optimal correction based on the acceleration of the two mechanisms, the frequency detected by the gyro sensors, and the amount of camera shake to minimize motion blur even when shooting handheld. This adds an additional 0.5 stops to the image stabilization function of GF lenses with OIS such as the FUJINON GF120mmF4 R LM OIS WR Macro lens or the FUJINON GF45-100mmF4 R LM OIS WR lens. - Addition of "Nostalgic Neg." film simulation, a 1970s look, a style of combining "soft tonality" with "high saturation" and warm amber in highlights on to soften the look while maintaining fine details and pops of color in shadows for a lyrical look. - Shutter speed setting enhancement for TTL flash shooting with slow sync. - Other additional features and operational improvements 1) The "Clarity" level can be adjusted in the range of -5 to +5. The "Tone Curve" can be adjusted for both highlights and shadows in increments of 0.5. 2) "Focus Limiter" function has been added to set any focus range. Select the default focus Distance or select it from the specified range. 3) Images can be magnified 1x, 2x, 4x or 8x during playback. There is also an option to select the magnification used in the previous playback (from the center). 4) The function button can be assigned to switch the "shooting mode" between P, S, A and M modes. 5) The front and rear dials can be set to rotate in the reverse direction. 6) The number of menu items in the Q menu can be selected from 4, 8, 12, or 16 for both stills and video. The items to be displayed in the Q menu are customizable. 7) The Q button can be assigned as a function button.
8) The camera remains on even if an SD card is removed. 9) Electronic image stabilization is available when recording videos. 10) It corrects camera shake that occurs during handheld video recording. (1.1x cropping when this mode is is turned on) 11) Live view can also be zoomed in during video recording. 12) Focus check lock can now also be set to ON/OFF to retain or not retain focus check when the video recording. 13) Videos recorded on the SD card can be backed up to the SD card in another card slot. 14) The elapsed video recording time can be displayed on the LCD for checking. 15) AF area size can be changed during video recording. 16) Video files recorded with F-log can be played back in BT.709 equivalent conversion. 17) White balance/ISO metadata added to RAW recordings, output to Atomos Ninja V HDR Monitor Recorder via HDMI. Footage is recorded as Apple ProRes RAW files, and white balance / ISO can be adjusted in Final Cut Pro. - Fix for minor bugs.
-Adding white balance and ISO metadata to RAW footage output via HDMI to Atomos Ninja V HDR Monitor Recorder. Footage is recorded as Apple ProRes RAW files and white balance / ISO can be adjusted in Final Cut Pro. - Improved the custom modes feature, - Fixed the problem that an image with a specific file name created with the EDIT FILE NAME function cannot be played back. - Fixed minor bugs.
- When using the EF-X8 shoe mount flash, the FLASH SETUP display changes from "SUPPLIED FLASH" to "EF-X8". - Fixed the issue where an image cannot be played back with a specific file name created using the EDIT FILE NAME function. - Fixed minor bugs.
- Fixed the issue that the spot metering position is fixed to the center without reflecting the focus area position when the focus mode is MF and the metering mode is spot. - Fixed the problem that an image cannot be played back with a specific file name created with the EDIT FILE NAME function. - Fixed minor bugs.
- The problem that an image with a specific file name created by the EDIT FILE NAME function cannot be played back is fixed. - Fixed the problem that the current camera settings are not saved correctly in the IMAGE QUALITY SETUP > EDIT/ SAVE USER SETUP function. - Fix for minor bugs.
- Fixed the problem that the spot metering position is fixed to the center when the focus mode is MF and the metering mode is spot. - Fixed the problem that an image cannot be played back with a specific file name created with the EDIT FILE NAME function. - Fixed minor bugs.